Gardening Preparation

 


 

Lately I have been working on my backyard - trying to become a gardener. I have the greenhouse up and the raised planter beds built and filled with soil, but I can't plant, the weather here is still too unpredictable I don't want to plant stuff and then have it die due to an untimely frost.

Being the retired science teacher I of course am approaching my garden systematically.

I bought worm pellets as a natural fertilizer and pesticide. I know some of the plants will need amendments in the soil. The macro and micro nutrients for plants are C HOPKINS CaFe MgGd MoB CuMnZ In, The three most important elements are Nitrogen Potassium and Phosphorus. Without these nutrients the plants won't grow or will have weak roots or leaves.

I am not a good gardener I probably kill more than I grow but SLOWLY I am improving. WE are all gardeners and gardens according to God's word

Here are a couple of references

Amos 9:15 NLT

I will firmly plant them there in their own land. They will never again be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the LORD your God.

Isaiah 60:21 NLT

All your people will be righteous. They will possess their land forever, for I will plant them there with my own hands in order to bring myself glory.

Matthew 13:37 NLT

Jesus replied, “The Son of Man is the farmer who plants the good seed.

Before God made Adam and Eve He planted the garden of Eden and we are made in his image and should have that same creative bent. It makes sense that humans want to make things grow whether it be families, careers or actual gardens we all have that inner need, but remember those nutrients.

Where do they come from? Mostly manure, there are some fancy kinds like worm castings or bat guano but it still basically is a pile of s......  Can you recall when God has turned your troubles into blessings? That's scat at work friends causing you to grow. Our plants also need water which we previously have mentioned but probably the biggest thing we need, I need is patience. 

If we let plants grow too much we have to thin them out so the plants remain healthy. Do you recall being pruned by God? What are you trying to grow? Not all seeds germinate or grow at the same rate. Some blume and die, some blume only every other year and some blume every season. What is your source of nutrients? Of water? Do you have a realistic time frame?  Remember time is not the same for God as it is for us.

What type of garden are you growing? What type of garden are you?



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is the Light We are the light

Stay Sharp