He is the Light We are the light


 

I have always wondered why some hard core scientists don't believe in God. Just read a great book called Seeing is Believing by Michael Guillen. (I highly recommend it) Like Hugh Ross from Reasons to Believe he writes mostly about evidence from physics and astronomy for reasons for the Christian faith.  I challenge anyone out there of any faith to really dig in and they will see that ALL religions are not the same and really Christianity is all about relationships anyways.

Now I don't claim to be a hardcore science researcher but after 35 years as a science teacher in public education I consider myself to have a pretty broad science background. Anyways  lately I have been pondering light and matter. 

Let's start with light, here are a few verses about light:

16 the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.”

5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

8 Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.

28 You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. 

The Pillars of Creation

Did you notice where God says He is the light and that light illuminates our darkness? One of my favorite quotes from an old Calvary Chapel concert that I wrote in my Bible when I was 17 or 18 years old was "A single candle can illuminate the darkness. " similar to the John 1:5 verse.

So where do we see light first? Right at the beginning of the Bible in the book of Genesis,"Let ther be light, and there was light and God separated the light from the darkness and called the light day and the darkness he called night. There was an evening and a morning one day.

So everything is dark and God creates light according to this. Can anyone say Big Bang theory? An ex nihlio event where something comes from nothing.  In this case something is the whole universe, which is nothing more than stars that give off light!!!! That sounds like a creation act to me! Like there is a Designer behind the design.

So lets look at stars. They start off in a gas nebula (like the Pillars of Creation) and when enough pieces accrete together we have a star. Depending upon the amount of matter sticking together, determines the type of star. Stars are made up of two forces, gravity which pulls it in and fusion which pushes it out. Remember that idea of duality.  eventually gravity wins and the star explodes. When stars supernova old star stuff floats around until it accretes and forms planets. That's pretty simplified but that's the gist.

Well in Corinthians the Bible tells us that we are a reflection of God and that we are being transformed into the same image. Well reflections are nothing more than bent light! But it goes further, say you have a main sequence star burning like our sun. Inside that star fusion is taking place taking 2 H atoms and making He. Taking 3 He molecules and making C. 

Well it turns out that we are made up primarily of the molecules CHNOPS Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Phosphorous and Sulfur. These elements are all made by the fusion of atoms that are in stars, in other words they are made from light. You are literally the stuff of stars, made from light, do you recall the verse about being made in his image? Well you are made from the stuff he used to reveal himself to the universe.

But it goes further. Those atoms that are fusing together and are doing it on a subatomic level. If you remember your basic chem, atoms are made up of protons, neutrons and electrons. Electrons do the heavy lifting when it comes to chemical reactivity and in light it is no different. When energy forms matter is lost from a star that matter is called a photon.

According to the French physicist Louis de-Broglie in 1924,
declared that electrons have a dual nature, as both particle and wave nature can be seen in an electron. He stated that when small particles like electrons have a wave nature when they are in motion In other words the particles that make up the atoms that give off the electrons in the form of photons (in the form of light) have a dual nature, wave and particle. 

Who else has a dual nature? Jesus who is both man and God. Even we have a dual nature the sinner and the saint.  Remember we are only a reflection of the light and that means that out light is bent and so are we when we are unredeemed.
 
So to summarize
1. God revealed himself to us as light  as separate from darkness
2. That light has a dual nature
3. We are LITERALLY made of light
4. God has a dual nature
5. We have a dual nature right down to the level of our matter

 



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Sharp

Gardening Preparation